Wednesday 14 October 2015

WASTE OF TIME

President Mohammed Buhari took over three months to make public his ministerial nominees to Nigerians, yet most of the names are known names and faces of the political arena in motherland. I for one was expectant that the PMB era will be a departure from the old political style of recycling same old faces; I was very very wrong; yet I cut PMB some slack, with the hope that the the eight National Assembly(Red Chambers) will do the change mantra some favour by really scrutinizing the nominees to know what they have to do differently to get us out of the woods, economically and socially, however I am disappointed in the screening exercise that started yesterday. 
I now am critical of the meeting behind closed doors between the President, Vice-president, Senate President and speaker in the Villa just before the resumption from recess of the National Assembly; that meeting I believe was a parley at the extreme expense of the Nigerian people. Furthermore, the dexterity of the opposition suddenly has waxed cold. I had expected that even though they were not able to do the right things in terms of running the country, they should have insisted that the change mantra is seen playing out in the screening of ministerial nominees, but that was not to be; waiting to use it as a bait in the general election, a very perilous play I must say.
The whole exercise of waiting for the President all this months and the lack of substance and depth screening exercise are all to me a colossal waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment